Dr. William Rosenthal is a board-certified ophthalmologist with subspecialty training in surgery and diseases of the vitreous, retina and macula. After earning his undergraduate and medical degrees from The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, a six-year combined baccularate/M.D. program, Dr. Rosenthal completed an internal medicine internship at the St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City. He graduated from the Tulane University School of Medicine ophthalmology residency program in New Orleans, Louisiana, and completed his medical/surgical fellowship in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula at The Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Rosenthal, a native of Saint Joseph, Missouri, founded Mid-America Retina Consultants in 1988. Since its formation, our doctor has been involved in nationally recognized research studies and has been published in numerous professional and scientific journals.
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City
- Missouri State Medical Association
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Schepens International Society
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Southern Medical Association